Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Along Came Heather

Egad. I never thought I'd do it, but here I am, typing my little heart out in my own blog! I slaved over the name, and was very pleased with myself, as I am a coffee fiend. You will notice in the days and weeks to come that coffee can sometimes rule my day, so to speak, and that this is usually a good thing!

My big accomplishment for the day? I completed (finally) the application for licensure as a child placing agency in the State of North Dakota! The people that I work with/for have been wanting to start an adoption agency and were waiting for the right person to come along to run the thing, and one day, along came Heather. So now we wait...again...last time it took 6 weeks to hear back from the State (this is round number 2). Let's all hope that it doesn't take so long this time.

I am going home now...to an empty apartment, as my husband is still out in the middle of North Dakota on his way home from work (we won't go into that). He's also visiting his sick aunt. And that's aunt pronounced awnt. I've always pronounced it "ant." I suppose if you were to pronounce it the way it's spelled, it would be "ownt," wouldn't it?!?! Anyway, there, in my apartment, I will exercise (walk on my treadmill), and fix myself something tasty to eat. (Reminds me of Isaac in Genesis asking his son Esau to go and hunt something to he can have something tasty to eat.)

Enough.
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home