Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Are You Going to San Francisco?

Why, yes I am!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and I'm very much looking forward to a change of scenery. The ocean is calling my name...

I also found an amazing-looking French restaurant online that is rated the #2 restaurant in S.F. It's called La Folie, and can be viewed at www.lafolie.com. Check it out. The menu looks other-worldly.

Other than that, I'm going to be spending my day in an airplane or sitting in O'Hare tomorrow, and Thursday and Friday I'll be spending it sitting in a conference. And the somewhat disappointing thing is that it isn't even going to be that warm while I'm there - the high tomorrow is 70, and Thursday and Friday are both forecasted at 65. Bah!

Other than that, I found a new gadget of the day:
http://www.gifts.com/search/product/pee-pee-Teepee?ideaID=6736&prodID=64945

Rather ingenious, n'est-ce pas?

Ah, French. How I miss it.

Tonight's the big finale of American Idol. We're having an AI party at our house to celebrate.

Last night was knitting at Erin's. We made mojitos. It was fun to make them from scratch - I've just used the pre-packaged mix before.

I resigned my position at the Counseling center. I'm looking forward to having the summer be client-free. We'll see what happens in the future. Not going to think about it for a while. I am glad, however, that I will have all Fridays off this summer. I believe I will head down to the Cities a few times for group supervision, just for the continued exposure and support.

I was given a free geranium today. It will live on my balcony.

It's almost time to go home. We're having grilled hamburgers tonight, and Chris has already been plotting his concoction - he's putting bacon in his. Sounds good. I had bacon pizza once. It was good, too.

I'm not worth a whole lot today, mentally speaking. As if you couldn't tell from this post.

I think I'll just sign off, and let the few people who read this move on to bigger and better things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

I like what you write, even if you think it's somewhat low on the mental scale...if that even makes sense. Yea for you having a trip that's exciting (even if it won't be all that nice of weather when you're down there). I was glad to have the chance to try the alcoholic beverage that you made for me yesterday. Thanks so much.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home