Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Surrey with the Fringe on Top

I am currently sitting at my desk, gazing at my two beautiful, vibrant orange gerber daisies. It was my own little treat to myself today. They're even sitting in an orange vase.

Yesterday Chris and I went to Lindenwood Park to go for a walk, and instead rented a "Single Surrey" to ride around the park for half an hour! A Single Surrey is a cart-like aparatus, that you pedal with bike pedals, small bicycle tires, a steering wheel, and a hand brake. A Single Surrey fits two people. A Double Surrey fits four. We took off down the little hill, and Chris peeled around the corner such that I thought we might capsize! We didn't, of course, and went on our merry way. Then he thought it would be a good idea to go up a hill to get to a different path. We basically didn't have enough leg power between the two of us to get the thing up the hill! It was absolutely hilarious. So, we put the brake on, waited for the innocent pedestrians to get out of our way, and backed down the hill! Then, we needed to turn around in order to get back to the rental place, so Chris says, "Quick! Up the embankment!" So he turns and we go up. Then he take the brake off, we go backwards, and he slams the brake on again, so hard that the front wheels came off the ground several inches! I couldn't stop laughing - it was the funniest thing I'd participated in for quite a while. It was good exercise, too! It's a good thing I trust my husband's driving...

I'm not sure if it's worth noting that my in-laws were here this weekend. In fact, I think blogging about it will just upset me further, so I'll just leave it at that. They were here.

The weather was friggin' gorgeous this weekend. Saturday couldn't have been more beautiful, and Sunday was almost as nice. I love summer. I said to Chris yesterday on the way to church, "It's like everyone here just goes into hibernation from November until the end of March or April." He actually agreed with me, "I can see why you'd say that." (He RARELY agrees with me when I make observations like that. Drives me crazy....)

I now have yet another baby shower to attend. This will make 4 in about 2 months! And this one's the first girl of the bunch. She's already made her debut to the world, back in February, but she also lives in Iowa, so we've had to wait for a time to gather to shower her!

Well, I think that's about it for today. I'm going to continue gazing at my daisies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home