Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Year's What?

I decided this year that I wasn't going to make any New Year's Resolutions. I'm not worried about losing weight (being 5 months pregnant); I'll be worrying about that a few months down the road! I have a job that I mostly enjoy - probably the best job I've ever had. I don't know what to resolve, although I do like the idea of taking stock of one's life and, well, tweaking.

I do have some goals to accomplish before baby makes his or her arrival in June. I have a stack of books accumulating on my bookshelf that really must be read. (I have a penchant for buying books and not having enough time or energy or gumption to turn off the TV long enough to get through them all). So, my goal is to read one book per week. I figure I've got 21 weeks before the baby's due and I'm sure I have 21 books I should read before them. Quite honestly, I'll be amazed if I reach my goal, but at least I'm aiming for something.

I also would like to revisit my musical talent. I haven't sang, played the piano or French horn in years, and should probably do something about that before I lose my abilities completely.... Maybe I'll start with some good old "special music" at church!

I think another worthy goal is to treat my husband with more respect and kindness. As of the past week or two, my pregnancy hormones have brought out the crabby Heather - at least toward Chris. Not that Chris has been an innocent bystander, but I know I possess more tact and tenderness than what I've been portraying!

Finally, I plan to have the house entirely unpacked - even those weird boxes that travel with you from dwelling to dwelling, never getting unpacked - by the time the baby comes.

With all of these vague goals come the necessities, such as preparing the baby's room (paint, curtains, new flooring, crib, bedding, decor). We don't have a choice but to have these things completed by somewhere around May.

I need some food.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Food. Mmm. I'm hungry again.
I like your New Years goals.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home