Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Anniversary: Thai Style

Yesterday was our 3rd wedding anniversary. We started our celebrations by going to look at my ovaries, via ultrasound, which was exciting because there was a large follicle developing.

Then we took a nap.

Then we went to the Thai Orchid Restaurant in Moorhead for dinner. That was delictible. We ordered cream cheese wontons as an appetizer. They were not your typical wonton, but were crunchy and amazing, and came with plum sauce for dipping. There was a flavor in the sauce which I couldn't place my finger on, but it offered the best bit of variety in the sweet sauce. I ordered Pad Thai with Seafood (mussles - which I couldn't figure out how to eat, and which looked like little aliens on the half-shell), scallops, shrimp, and squid. I love Pad Thai in any form. I also ordered a Thai Iced Tea - sweetened Jasmine tea with cream. It was simply amazing. Had a bit of a smokey flavor to it. The best part? My stomach didn't hurt afterward. I brought some home for today's lunch, as well. They also offered Thai Iced Coffee, but I figured since it was evening, I better stick to the tea.

We also rented the movie, "Stranger than Fiction," which I loved, because the humor in it was very much like my own - a bit absurd and rather dry. Love it. Will Ferrell is usually not one of my favorite actors, but he was quite good in this one.

Me thinks it time to reheat my Pad Thai.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Yea for tied pads. (Pad thai). It was good getting to walk together today (even if my dog kept trying to trip everyone...especially me...she's so mean). I'm glad your anniversary was fabulous.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home