Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why I Love Food: A Dissertation by Heather

I was watching Everyday Italian this afternoon and something occurred to me - the reason I love food and love cooking....

It's sexy.

It brings the senses to life.

I was watching Giada pour milk into a glass full of espresso and ice, and the milk made little twirly swirls down through the espresso, like fern fronds. It was beautiful. Not only was it a delicous drink, it was art.

Have you ever ordered a macchiato and noticed how the milk sits on top of the espresso? You have to swish the glass around in order to mix it. Watching those ingredients transform from a oil-and-water separateness, into a creamy tan colored deliciousness is satisfying.

So is drinking it.

That's the other thing: I've discovered the true joy of brewing my own espresso every morning. The old fashioned way. It's pretty much the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning - that glorious dark brown nectar that wakens my tastebuds and my brain. Oh, sweet mystery of life, I've finally found you.

The key to this deliciousness? Dunn Bros fresh roasted beans. Delectible.

Maybe I should have entitled this post: Why I Love Espresso....

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Granted, I LOVE food too...but I'd much rather talk about the gloriousness of alfredo sauce and how mixing all of the crazy ingredients together somehow makes something heavenly...

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home