Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Dedicated

I find myself frolicking through my day, and I suddenly am struck with a magnificent idea for a blog post. Usually I am nowhere near a computer and/or don't have the time to sit down and complete said post.

Then I continue to frolick, the thought never to return to my mind again.

So, to my dear blog readers (if any of you are still left out there in cyberland), I have to apologize for all the possibly interesting blogs that could have been, but are forever lost in the recesses of my mind. A sad commentary on the current status of my brainwaves. But reality, nonetheless.

So, this night, I will simply recount my weekend.

My parents arrived on Thursday afternoon and gave Chris and I the night off from parenting , and a chance to see "Fireproof," the movie. BTW, it was excellent. Friday was to be a trip to the pumpkin patch, but ended up being a movie day, as it poured the entire day and night. Since Saturday was a repeat of Friday weatherwise, the church hayride was cancelled. Sunday Chris' parents joined us all at church for Elijah's dedication. We hosted lunch afterwards, again, in the rain, and things were fairly pleasant for the afternoon.

It's still raining, but my baby has been Dedicated, deliciousness was consumed for dessert (read: Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt Tart from Nichole's Fine Pastry), and tomorrow it's back to work, back to normal life. (I had a 4 day weekend, which was quite lovely.)

My child just pooped. Guess it's time to go...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the same way with the inspirations hitting me no where near the computer, or I don't have the time to write them. Sorry your weekend was rainy. Wish I could have been there for the dessert! Love ya!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

I can second the motion that the best thoughts hit you when there's no way you can accomplish them, blog posts as well as inventions as well as things you remember only when you wake up in the middle of the night, etc.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home