Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pie in the Sky

Last night I was driving home after a scrumptious supper of fondue at Erin's house. My tummy full of cheese dipped jicama, mushrooms, and jalepeno cheddar bread, marinated pork and NY strip steak, and an incredible finish of coffee-infused-chocolate dipped marshmallows, homemade poundcake and chocolate apricot biscotti, I toodled my way thru the snow toward home. As I turned east on NP Avenue to cross the bridge into Moorhead, the very nearly full moon came into view. Something inside of me sighed a sigh of tired gratefulness.

In our increasingly messed up world, it is often hard to keep a smile on my face. I feel the heavy weight of a morally degenerate society coming across the horizon. But last night it was like God was giving me a little gift last night to take my mind off the world around me.

But as the buildings parted and gave way to a tree-lined street, the moon - a creamy, nearly perfect circle so satisfying - seemed pristine and perfect, lit my way home. I gazed at it until I feared I might drive off the road. It harkened a stressless, unencumbered feeling inside of me....took my mind off the cares of the world, and allowed me to breathe deeply for a moment. It was like a breath of clean, fresh, crisp air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home