Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I hate everything

This has been my mantra today: I hate everything. I'm not sure why this is, but I hate my job, I hate my apartment, I hate the stage of life I'm in right now, I hate the fact that my husband can't find a different job, I hate gas prices, I hate wind, I hate it when I go to Starbucks and my latte isn't very good, I hate that I have no money, I hate that I can't buy a house, I hate that I can't buy a dog, I hate everything.

When did life get this way?!!? Is this just how life is when you're an adult? I didn't think it would be like this. I thought educated people had good lives, with good jobs, and were productive members of society. This is not the case for us. At least not right now. I'm damn sick of it, too.

The sad part is that I've resigned myself to not caring anymore. That's not good. I'm not going to get depressed...I've already done that. I'm not going to get mad....I've done that, too. As the Marxists would say, "It's time for reform!!!" I'm not a Marxist, but I think some reformation is needed in my life. It's time to kick some butt.

What butt shall I kick, though?

Maybe it's my own?!?!

I know husband could use a good butt kicking right about now, but that may not be my job.

I shall ponder this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home