Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Visions of Sugarplums...

It's nearly Thanksgiving, and I'm ready for Christmas. I want to go Christmas shopping, and put up the tree (although we've nowhere to put a Christmas tree in our apartment, even the small tree that we have!) and listen to Christmas music and wrap presents and whatever else goes along with all of that holiday stuff. I do have some of my Christmas shopping done. I try to look for things occasionally throughout the year, but it seems that the in-laws never get things together until close to Thanksgiving time, and then it's like, "Cram all your Christmas shopping into one budget!" Right. Anyway.

This morning Chris and I had our pictures taken for our Christmas cards. I don't think they're the best pictures we've ever had, but they're okay. Chris was in a bad mood, so he wasn't very smiley. And in a couple he actually looked as though he'd been doped! Actually, he often looks like that in pictures. I, on the other hand, love to have my picture taken and would stand in front of a camera all day if given the chance! But, we were able to choose a nice one and order prints from that. The photographer had a cat - the studio was in her home - and I nearly died of allergies from that stinking cat. I haven't had that strong of an allergic reaction in months! I was sneezing all the way home! (They must not vaccuum very often...ewwww....).

I'm going to be embarking on a new adventure. I went back to my regular chiropractor this morning, after trying a different one last week, and he told me we should start with some acupuncture therapies. I'm pretty excited about this, because I'm really loosing faith in the medical world. I'm also tired of taking drugs and suffering from side effects. I figure if an entire nation of people (the Chinese) have been practicing this technique for millenia, there must be something to it. Plus, it's just plain interesting. I think I'll have to go do some research on it.

I'm at work right now, and there's nothing for me to do, hence the post. I guess it's a slow time of year. I'm okay with that. It gives me time to think.

2 Comments:

Blogger A-Wix said...

Have no doubt that this will be our Christmas card.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Yea for Christmas. I definitely agree. I do my shopping a bit before Thanksgiving, but always try to leave some room for the after-thanksgiving sales. I love that day. Loads of fun. Chris and I put up our Christmas tree a few days again. (that leaves about 7-8 months that it was down?) Loads of fun. Most people are happy this time of year. That makes me in a better mood. And yea for (some) slow days at work.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home