Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Oh the Beauty

I was driving a lot this past week and I have to say, that even though a lot of the trees had lost their leaves already, there were many that were quite magnificent. There were reds and oranges, yellows and maroons. It actually inspired me to want to write poetry. Interesting what nature can do. The book of Romans says that God reveals himself through nature, that his invisible qualities can be known that way. What a crazy thought! We can know God's qualities by looking around us. You know you've seen Him. Have you ever stood on the beach and watched the sun set, and noticed that the colors seem to be just out of your vocabulary's grasp? Or maybe you've seen a moose standing in the meadow and noticed the strong, silent presence it carries.
We are without excuse.
Anyway, I had a great weekend. Thursday I drove down to the Cities and stayed at Kris' house in Blaine. Friday was supervision and it was somewhat helpful. I always come away with something from my time with my supervisor. (That's definitely a good thing.) It's good to feel like you're growing and becoming more aware of ways that you can help people. Friday night we went to Grand Avenue , where I bought 4 DELICIOUS chocolate truffles from Just Truffles (I bought 1 peanut butter/dark chocolate, which was decadent, 1 grand marnier (orange)/dark chocolate, which was also decadent, and 2 Bailey's Irish Creme truffles (one for husband), and it was probably the best of them all. Absolutely incredible.
I also darkened the doorstep of a new shop entitled Picky Girl. It was a boutique with semi-expensive clothing. It wasn't completely expensive, just somewhat. If I were working full time I would buy clothes there.
We hit Ten Thousand Villages, where I found my birthday gift from my husband - a new, beautiful tea pot. So gorgeous.
We ran through Pottery Barn, which always makes me covet like none other, hence, the running.
At Cafe Latte, I partook of a cup of fruit, a cup of Seattle Smoked Salmon Stew (cream based) with dill, and a slice of St. Paul Sourdough bread. It was all delectible.
Saturday we went to Starbucks for breakfast where I had my second pumpkin spice doughnut (makes my mouth water just thinking about it) and of course, my grande iced nonfat vanilla latte. (Sidenote: the iced lattes seem to be loosing their lustre. I still have one every morning at home, so I'm not spending the money, but when I go out, they're just not the same. I wonder if that'll ever happen with chocolate. Dear God, I hope not!)
After that we went to the Pine Tree Apple Orchard in White Bear Lake. It was a beautiful drive over there; the trees were still changing and it was sunny and gorgeous. I bought a 6 pack of apple cider doughnuts, and a 1/2 peck of Honey Crisp apples. Apparently Honey Crisp apples are a new hybrid that came from the U of M. They are expensive. They are going to become pie and crumble for this weekend when my parents come. YUM!
We also went to a couple cute little shops in WBL. Kris used to live in WB, so she knows the ropes.
And, of course, I am missing living there, still. It went away for several months, and now it's back...with a vengeance. Argh. I'll leave it at that.
And, again, I'm struggling with my chosen career path. Do I really want to be a therapist these days? If I didn't do that, what would I do? How can I make more money? Can I make money and do something I love at the same time? That doesn't seem to be possible right now. Money doesn't seem to like me. That's alright, I don't like it, either. So there! Pblblblblblt!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

This is exactly why we should form a communist society...a real communist society where everyone works together toward the same goal. Christopher doesn't believe everyone is just as important as everyone else. I do. Oh well. At least it's gorgeous looking outside and there's the lovely weekend to think about, yea?

5:14 PM  
Blogger A-Wix said...

You need to let me know the next time you're coming to St. Paul. Cafe Latte is just a few minutes from my house.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Andy, how lucky are you?!?! Cafe Latte at arm's length. Oh, the thought. (Yes, I love food.)
Anyway, I'm coming to the Cities again in November. I'll have to keep you posted.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home