Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Today - it's my birthday, oh yeah, it's my birthday!

That's right, folks, today I turn 29, on the 29th, which makes it my GOLDEN birthday. I think that the golden part entitles me to more presents.... :)

Birthdays in my family were always a big deal. There were always lots of parties, loads of presents, and special things done for that day. When I found out that the rest of the world doesn't get so excited about birthdays, I was shocked! I say that a birthday is just a good reason to celebrate and have a party or go out to eat or do something special for the birthdayee.

That said, I've requested a dinner at Monte's down town Fargo, but we'll have to see about that, since it's rather on the tres chere side (very expensive). (I miss French!!) But at the very least I'm sure it'll still be someplace good like Doolittles or Granite City. We're also having a party for lunch at the office. Someone decided on BLT's, which I think is slightly strange, but yummy, nonetheless. I'm sure there'll be cake and lots of yummy things.

I also have the entire morning off and am going to do exactly as I please, which will involve one or both of the following things: daytime TV and/or Starbucks. I think a girl deserves Starbucks on her Birthday, especially since she's fasted Starbucks for the whole LAST WEEK! (Aren't you proud of me?? I've been making my lattes at home, and since I started using 2% milk instead of skim, they're much better, much to my surprise).

I've also had an epiphany concerning my job situation, but I'll leave that for another post. For now I shall sing happy birthday in French....because I can.
Bon anniversaire a moi,
Bon anniversaire a moi,
Bon anniversaire a moi,
Bon anniversaire a moi!
(To me....I'm not self centered at all....)
Hee hee.

2 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

Happy (late) birthday! For some reason I thought it was in November... strange. I hope it was great!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I will have to take you out for treats sometime to celebrate late. :-)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home