Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ah... weekends....

What a nice weekend...

Friday was a nice start - I got a pedicure and did some shopping...found a new suit I want from Target: it's a brown jacket and skirt, paired with a green tank that has brown stripe diagonally across it. I'm going to pull a fast one in order to purchase this, since I don't have $85 just sitting around waiting to be turned into a suit. Since my birthday is next month, I'm going to purchase the suit, knowing that my parents will give me money for my birthday that will cover the cost of the suit. Hee hee.

Saturday I did some journaling at Starbucks where I had an iced green tea latte, made with Matcha green tea powder. Love the Matcha so much, I went home and did an internet search for it, and purchased a whole bag of it for myself, so I don't have to spend $3.92 every time I want a green tea fix. Got groceries, did some more shopping (Tochi, Farmer's Market, TJ Maxx - my new favorite store), and had dinner at some friends' house where we (when I say "we", I mean "I") partook of very delicious peanut butter cupcakes that our hostess, Nicole, made. The reason I say "I" partook of the PB cupcakes is that Husband does not love PB in any way shape or form. He's weird. He'll eat Reese's Peanut Butter cups, but says he does not like chocolate or peanut butter. I do not understand this concept. I love anything *read* ANYTHING with peanut butter in or upon it.

Sunday was church, Barnes & Noble, napping, and steaks on the grill. I also made tropical couscous. It was pretty good, although the flavors didn't quite meld. Whole wheat couscous, olive oil, S & P, mango, red pepper, scallions, orange zest. It was also supposed to have cilantro in it, but the Bjur's do not like cilantro. When I say, "the Bjur's" I mean me and husband. So, it was strange, but also good. We have tons of good food to eat this week, since I went to the grocery store.

My best friend, Kris, is coming to stay with us this week. She's coming on Thursday morning, and leaving Saturday morning. We're going to knit, shop, drink coffee, sit in the sun, and probably eat a lot of chocolate. Sounds good to me! Maybe I'll take her to Maggie Moo's. Hmmm...

Then, when Kris leaves on Saturday morning, we'll be following her back to the Cities. We are killing a couple birds with one stone this weekend. The 14th is our 2nd wedding anniversary, and the 13th is Immanuel Church's 25th Anniversary Celebration Sunday. Immanuel Church is the church where Chris did his internship for grad school. It is also the church where we were married. Saturday we're going to see Body Worlds at the Minnesota Science Museum - can't wait! And we're going to stay in a hotel or B & B on Saturday night. Very much looking forward to the teeny tiny vacation. We haven't stayed in a hotel since our honeymoon! I guess we were just hotelled-out after the all-inclusive-Mexican-Resort-salmonella-giving honeymoon!

I believe it is nearly time for bed. My computer tells me it's 11:49, and husband has to get up and go to work in the morning. I have to go look for a part time job. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

I wish you luck

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home