Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sick of it!

I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THE RADIO AND THE CRAPPY MUSIC THEY PLAY ON ALL THE "POP" STATIONS!!!! (Christian included!)

I am currently boycotting all radio stations that play any music other than jazz or classical.

All you hear is the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Good grief! Even the stations that claim to play a variety of music just play crappy 80's every once in a while in order to "shake things up" a bit. Argh.

So, today I listened to MPR at my desk, and it was good. But, I also can't listen to classical all day long, either. It actually grates on my brain for some reason. They need to mix it up a bit, too - throw in a little harp music in between the Beethoven Sonata and the Dvorak Symphony! I'd even take a mandolin or a sac butt every once in a while. (I actually did hear a sac butt the other day, and it made me smile!)

What I do appreciate about MPR is that you can often find them playing a Mozart Horn Concerto. There are 4.33 of these puppies. The .33 comes from the fact that Mozart began number 5 and then he died. Some people have finished it, but I say that's cheating. I'd rather hear someone play half of a piece of music written totally by Mozart, than a complete piece of music written half by Mozart and half by some music geek who thinks he can tap into the mind of Mozart. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I was on hold today at work and they had the MOST horrendous elevator music EVER! It was a cross between true elevator music meets techno meets Santa's elves. Seriously, I'd never heard anything like and and it made me wonder if there were subliminal messages in it that were penetrating my mind whilst I waited. Heh. Heh heh.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Today I bought a new flat iron for my hair. This one has ceramic plates instead of the big gold ones. Apparently there's some ionic component to this puppy and it's supposed to reduce flyaways!!! How fricking exciting! Isn't it amazing what they can do with advertising language?
The other day I was highlighting my husband's hair and as I was reading the directions, #4 was to removed "Super Impermiable Gloves" and don them. Good Lord! They're rubber gloves. They didn't do anything but go over your hand! Yeesh.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Last night Dana made cupcakes for Knitting Night. The frosting tasted like homemade ice cream. I was very impressed. Kiersten also made a cake. It was in the shape of a very large penis! She was very embarassed. We loved it. It was even cream filled....

Well, I needed to purge for the day. Now I want to go home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Try 105.9
They are the only station in town I listen to. It is Thunder Radio (NDSU) and Radio Free Fargo (community DJ's). They play everything in the book. One show I really like is Fjords of Miniscus.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Okay... I totally didn't realize the difference in your e-mail about it being a flat iron (the thing they used on my hair today at Capelli's) and an iron iron (the thing I have to do every once in a while b/c of quilting). That's cool though. Yea for impermiable gloves. Ha.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

My perscription of the day: Find something to laugh at, even if it's laughing at someone (as long as it doesn't hurt their feelings) b/c it's good for your heart...and I'm being 100%ly serious.

2:56 PM  
Blogger A-Wix said...

You can listen to The Current (89.3 in the Twin Cities) online at mpr.org. It's definitely not a run-of-the-mill station.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home