Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Here Comes Saturday!!!!

It's Friday. I love the feeling of Friday. There's a bit of sweet anticipation for the favorite day of the week (which is less than 15 hours away right now). I plan to use my Saturday to read and clean up the mess in the apartment. And of course, sleep in a little bit. Oh! And I want to work on my tan....

I'm sitting in our second bedroom, which is the guest bedroom/office/storage room, and just thought to myself, "What if in about 40 weeks we still live here and have to find room to put a baby in this chaos?!?!" I used to freak out about having a baby in an apartment. I still don't want to, but the issue is less of an issue. I guess I've come to terms with our situation, and really don't care anymore. Sure, I'd love to have a house, but who gives a flip where you live, really? Our apartment is very nice, heat is free, electricity is cheap because there's not much to electrify, and to be quite honest, I'm SO sick of trying to keep up with the whole materialistic mentality of American living, that parts of me want to do something radically different, like, live in a tree, or some such thing. Now, that said, I REALLY don't want to live in a tree, but I have seen pictures of cool tree houses. Somehow, though, with the wind in Fargo, I don't think it would be as viable here...

We had our philosophical discussion group last night. The topic was feminism, which, at first, I thought, "Oh, I'm not uber-interested in this topic." However, once I started doing some digging, I realized that every single area of my life is affected by what the feminists did in the 60's & 70's AND what the third wave of feminists are doing now, which is ruining men, but that's another post. All in all, it was a really good discussion, even though it was mostly me and Erin talking, with Sara and Holly interjecting a few thoughts now and then. A lot of people couldn't make it. I think Erin is disappointed with this fact, as is understandable - she formed the group and a bunch of people said they'd do it. But, Erin's husband, Billy joined us for part of the time last night and he added a lot to the conversation. Billy is hilarious. He does funny little impressions of people, and it just makes you laugh.

I've been working for the credit counseling agency this week, because one of the women is on vacation to Alaska. It's a mundane job - not horrible - but I'm glad I'm a therapist, and not a, well, I'm not sure what her title is...someone who sits in front of a computer all day, sending proposals to credit card companies, asking for leniency with people's credit card debt. However, I must say that there is something to be said for the gratification of getting your work done every day and leaving it at the office. My work is never done, and my clients walk about in my head for hours after I see them.

Well, I have to go get myself dressed and presentable so I can go sit in front of a computer. There are perks to this - I can listen to KS95.com, and check my email at random.

I'm going to wear my new favorite pants today. I love favorite pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home