Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Oh yeah...and on a sadder note...

my fish had to be flushed last night.

He'd been somewhat paralyzed for the past month and a half, just hanging vertically in the tank at the top of the water. Really sad, actually. He looked very strange. So, last night, when I realized he was loosing all of his beautiful blue color, and barely responding to tapping on the tank side, Husband suggested flushing him, as he had many times before. I had hesitated all those other times, because I'm a very loyal pet-mom. I couldn't just flush him. But last night, I knew he wouldn't last much longer, and it was bothering me to look at him like that. So, I left the room, and Husband took him to the porcelain cemetery. Sad.

Today I went fish shopping at the mall. The lady who was working in the pet store there suggested I buy a pair of guppies. All I know about guppies is that they procreate like nothing else, and you end up with 100 guppies. Apparently, however, they are also cannibals, as they eat their young! GROSS! One must have a plant that the young can hide in. Good grief. I just want a low-maintenance pet.

My next stop is Petco. If I don't find anything there, I guess I'll go back to the mall and get guppies....

Obituary:
Sinatra "Blue Eyes" Fish died of unnatural causes on Wednesday evening, June 28th. He was a good fish: always coming to the side of the tank to say hello. He left behind his adopted mother, Heather. He was 2.5 years old. Services were held last night at the deceased's home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Sad! Sinatra!!!!! You will be missed!!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

That is very sad... I miss my baby. Low maintanence...Kitties and puppies are very fun...and have the ability to poop all over the house. Who cares about allergies...Go for it. LOL Just joking. Yea for fishies.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home