Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Bits and Pieces

It was a nice weekend, minus the fact that Husband had to work Saturday, as per usual. Friday night we went to the Red River Valley Fair, and I remembered why I don't like to go to fairs....all the crazies come out at fairs! And, I had another Sex Change Lady Siting! (Erin, it was the one we saw at Kinky Boots, if you remember!) But we did have some lovely mini donuts, so that made up for crazy people. And we got to look at baby bunnies in the small animal barn. Saturday I baked cookies and sat out in the sun at Island Park with Kiersten. We were going to read, but we ended up talking the whole time! It was fun! And, I came out of it with a nice, sunburnt back to show for it. Saturday night we went out for dinner to Uno, where they have the most delicious deep dish pizza on the face of the planet. Yummmmmmm..... I also talked Husband into stopping at Maggie Moo's for ice cream. I had a scoop of peanut butter ice cream with a twix bar in it - delish! The caramel from the twix bar froze in the ice cream, so it was crunchy!

Sunday we tried a new church - Metropolitan Baptist. It's a North American Baptist church. The sermon we heard was probably the best sermon I'd heard in months, if not years, although the delivery was quite dry, and I almost fell asleep several times. It was the longest 31 minutes of my life... However the rest of the church situation wasn't quite what we're looking for. For one thing, it was a very small church, and hardly anyone noticed that we were there, which was strange. One man even came around and shook everybody's hands around us, but completely ignored us. Interesting!

Later on that afternoon we went to Island Park again for a jazz concert. It was great music, but it was so windy that we didn't last very long. I was glad that we had gone, though, because I believe in supporting those types of things. It was sad, however, because the group took a break an hour before the gig was supposed to end, and everybody in the audience left!

Last night I made a very healthy pasta dish for supper. It contained beef from the farm, fat free cheese, ricotta cheese, grated zucchini, diced tomatoes, onions, whole wheat pasta, and fresh parmesan. We also sent out several resumes last night, which was very time consuming, but good.

So, all these bits and pieces made a pretty good weekend all around. Tonight is Naughty Knitties and I think we're going to the park to knit! Hopefully it'll be warm and not windy...
At 9:00 the Park District is showing "Chicken Little" in the park and offering free popcorn and pop. Husband is very excited. He loves cartoons. And free popcorn...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

I had loads of fun "reading" at the park as well. Great idea.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home