Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Strange Thought

occurred to me this morning. I was filling in as receptionist at the office I work in. I had to change the back-up tape in the main computer, make coffee, answer the phone, do some dictation, and mail some bills. It was all quite simple and mindless. However, I really enjoyed it. I'm discovering something about myself: I enjoy details. I was discussing this somewhat with my husband the other day and realized that I might be better suited to be the director of a counseling agency, than one of it's therapists. I enjoy managing things, being in charge, and taking care of what needs to be done. Therapy is very fluffy. Intangible, if you will. Sometimes too much so for this little chickie.

On the other hand, in the past, it has freaked me out to have so much responsibility. It's another conundrum.

I want a dog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I love that having a dog would be the solution to your conundrum.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Susan Barnes said...

Have you thought about working in a library? Lots of details, organizing, but zero responsibility. I love it.

(P.S. I use to work as a receptionist also as a bank clerk -way too much responsibility)

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home