Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's Saturday evening...

and I'm blogging! Actually, I won't be blogging for long. I've got a dessert date with my friend, Dana, at Nicole's Fine Pastry, downtown Fargo. Yum. Last time I was there I had the chocolate caramel sea salt tart. Oh my Lord. It was amazing.

Anyway, last night was fun. Erin and I made dinner and had a good conversation about how hard it is to be in your 20's. She said it was even harder than middle school! :)
We discussed why we're doing what we're doing, what we want to do, how long it'll take to get there, and of course, how cute her dogs are. Cause that's just reality.

Then we went to the most hilarious movie I've seen in a long time: "Kinky Boots." It's an indie film about a shoe factory that is about to go under, when they decide to find their new "niche." (Which, in England, they pronounce, "Neesh," which I found amusing.) Well, their new niche involves making stilletto thigh high boots for transvestites! It was so funny. It was also somewhat real about the pain that the transvestite went through as a child and how he came to be a performer in a lounge. I recommend it.

We also consumed more wine than I'd had in a long time (2 glasses), and it made me quite dizzy, which was funny.

Today was World Wide Knit in Public Day, so 4 of the Naughty Knitties went to West Acres Mall and sat in the food court and knitted from 10-2 today! It was tons of fun, and I wore my knitting t-shirt. I got lots of funny looks. Actually, I didn't get to knit much, as I took my sweater to the pond (ripped the whole thing out) and started over. My guage was off and the back of my sweater was going to be about 3 feet long if I continued the way the pattern said to. Anyway, I started over and got about 5 rows done by the time it was time to leave.

Of course, I couldn't leave the mall without looking around a little. I ended up with two pairs of VERY cheap capris, that I'm rather excited about.

Husband called last night and said it was very cold, rainy, and windy yesterday, so they didn't catch any fish, although they were out on the lake from 7:45am- 10:30pm. What troopers. Hard core fishermen, I'd say. I hope today was more profitable.

This afternoon I cleaned the house. I put away a ton of laundry, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen up, and even organized all of Husband's wood carving tools that he manages to keep underneath the coffee table in the livingroom. Don't ask.

In about 10 mintues I'm going to leave to go partake of lovely pastry items. I'm very excited about this. YUM.

Oh, one other thing I did was make 2 pro/con lists: the pros/cons of living in Fargo, and the pros/cons of living in the Cities. I made two more lists of the pros/cons of having children in Fargo vs. the Cities. I still want to move, I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Of course, I can't move without Husband, so it's not like I'm the only one making the decision. I'll keep you posted...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do YOU say "niche"?

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home