Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm Fooling Myself!

It's Friday afternoon, 3:53 p.m., to be exact, and I'm sticking around the office until 4:30. But, what am I doing? BLOGGING! I may as well leave, because I'm not working on what I stayed to work on. But, it's Friday, and I have a delicious weekend filled with the Twin Cities in front of me. I actually had a dream last night that I was offered the chance to go to the Cities and I didn't take it because it made me too sad to go there, and I started crying. Yes, I know, the Cities are crowded, expensive, impersonal, somewhat dirty, and traffic can be hairy. But I still love it. I'd still move back if I could. I don't think I'll ever stop saying that!

We're leaving tonight when Hubby gets home, but that could be as late as 6:30 - we don't yet know. That means we probably won't get in the car till 7:00, which puts us at our friend Mike's house at approximately 10:30. Later than what we had anticipated. Saturday morning is a brunch for the MFT students and alumni at the Seminary to celebrate the program's 10th birthday. I'm really excited to see my school and many of the people who were part of my life for the best three years of my life! Then it's off to Maple Grove to see Sister-in-law, then it's back to Roseville and the Timberlodge Steakhouse to celebrate Mike's graduation from Seminary! Yay Mike! There we will imbibe and enjoy the company of good old friends.

Sunday I shall see my two girlfriends, Kris and Jolene, in Roseville, which will be glorious! Lattes will be had by all at, well, where else?!?! The Mother Ship. (Starbucks, of course. Did you know that the woman that is the company icon for Starbucks is actually a siren?! I never knew that until last week! That must be why I can't stay away from that place. Apparently, on the front of the original store in Seattle, the siren is showing her boobies !)

All said, it will be a wonderful trip.

I don't think I can stand it anymore. I'm going home. I'll use the excuse that I must pack and make supper before we hit the road. Hee hee.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

with such a detailed itinerary, it's difficult to restrain myself from just popping in on your world. we'll just have to see what the future holds, i guess.

maybe... maybe not.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah. have fun. talk to you when you get back.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Jon, I would have loved for you to pop into my world! That would have been awesome. The whole weekend was about seeing friends, so you would have fit right in! Maybe next time...I'll be back in town the last weekend of June...and, if I have my way, we'll be moving back in a few months...but that's another topic for another post...

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hopefully your way is also god's way.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

yeah, i know. there's always that.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry. i didn't mean to sound like a dick. rereading it, and reading your comment made me feel like i came off as one.

all i meant was to leave room for god to lead you somewhere you don't see now if he should desire to.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I know. I'm very much trying to do that. I'm usually about 10 steps ahead of God, and I don't want to be this time. This time every decision we make is going to be crucial, because we can't afford to make any more un-profitable decisions, if that makes sense.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home