Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

What is wrong with my subconscious brain!?!?!?

Last night I had a very vivid dream of being in a sort of hospital-type facility. I was sneaking around because few people knew I was there, and I was only a visitor, not allowed to go "behind the scenes," so to speak, but I was, anyway. I was trapped in a never-ending bathroom at one point, behind doors that would only open if the right person touched the right button. Then I started to figure out what the place was: a surgery center for deformed children! I found myself in the oral surgey wing, and witnessed a small child getting ready to have its cleft pallate teeth fixed, and when the surgeon walked in, I just about lost my cookies: it was a 6 foot tall swine, walking upright like a human, with a surgery gown on. Hooves and all. It was incredible. I quickly walked out the door, and decided it was time for me to leave.

When I got outside, there was an alien invasion and robots the resembled jellyfish were hopping on their "tentacles," coming to get me. There were dark clouds on the horizon and I knew something bad was going to happen. Thankfully, right at that point, my alarm went off, because I was about to get crunched by a robot jellyfish! ACK!

What is up with all of that?! I can't remember having a dream that elaborate in a long, long time, especially concerning such crazy characters! I really wonder where my brain came up with it. My dad always told me when I was a little girl, that dreams keep you sane. I believed it because I was a child, but truly I wonder what that means. I do like to read into my dreams and try to discover meanings in them. When I was in grad school, we were taught that when clients discuss dreams, it is THEIR interpretation that is important, not ours, not Freud's... I also tend to think that those books that are supposed to tell you what different items/activities mean in your dream are hokey. I don't think everyone's brain subscribes to the same dream interpretation manual, so I highly doubt that the fact that I drempt about robot jellyfish means that I'm going to get my hair cut, or some such thing!

However, that leads me to another interesting story. When I was in high school, in the early 90's, I had a massive crush on Dean Cain, the actor who played Superman, in "Lois and Clark, the Adventures of Superman," which aired on Sunday nights. Anyway, one night I had a dream that he rescued me in his Superman suit, from a building that was going to collapse, and he flew me away to safety. Well, I happened to be telling this to my friends in French class, and I was the only one speaking in the room, so my French teacher, a 30 year old bachelor, says to me from across the room, "Heather, did you know that flying is the universal dream symbol for sex?" I don't even think I answered him. I was horrified! I could not believe that he said that to me, especially in front of the whole class!!! What the heck does he know about my dreams!?! I was astounded. And, if that had taken place a few years later, I could probably have gotten him in trouble for some sort of strange sexual inappropriateness! Good grief!!

Sweet dreams tonight...

2 Comments:

Blogger A-Wix said...

Maybe you should lay off the lattes for a bit.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

A, I wondered if you had fallen off the face...
Or should I call you Monday?
H

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home