Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I had the best weekend...

I had the best weekend - I left for the Twin Cities on Thursday afternoon and arrived at Kris' house at 4:30. We had lovely sandwiches at Panera for dinner, cruised the Half Price bookstore and Target, and rented two movies: Shop Girl and Pride and Prejudice. Shop Girl was horrible - it was basically Steve Martin's sick fantasy of screwing a girl 30+ years younger than him. Pride and Prejudice was okay, but the latest version will never come close to the A&E version with Colin Firth.
Friday I got up early and headed to Woodbury (from Blaine...) for supervision. I had to make the mandatory Starbucks stop before hopping on 35W. My grande iced nonfat sugar free vanilla latte was absolutely perfect, and the cinnamon chip scone was delightful. Bravo to the Blaine Starbucks. Supervision was wonderful - I picked up many very usable tips to help aid the progress of my clients.
Friday night was dinner at TGI Fridays in Roseville, accompanied by a blended margarita (me) and a Honeyweis Beer (Kris). This alcoholic indulgence was attributed to the fact that she did not get the job she had applied for in Wisconsin. We stopped at Barnes and Noble by the Northtown Mall where I found two books I was looking for, and also the glorious Har Mar B & N, which is the Mecca of all B & N's. I found a third book there - it has the largest selection of psychology books that I've ever run across in a bookstore.
Saturday was another lovely breakfast at Starbucks, where I partook of a second grande iced nonfat sugar free vanilla latte and a reduced fat cinnamon coffee cake. The coffee cake was a little dry on top, but otherwise a fabulous breakfast. Then it was off to GRAND AVENUE! My favorite place in the Twin Cities. Our first stop was the Bibelot store, where I found a Mother's Day cared, and a box of really wonderful conversation cards for Hubby and myself. (Will probably be used in couple's therapy as well - for my clients.) Next stop, My Sister's Closet, a Christian-owned second hand store, where I bought a $15 lime green linen dress for Kelly's wedding this summer. Kris bought a purse, which we discovered as she was at the check-out that it was from Lillian Vernon (hee hee) and had a woman's initials on it - MJR. We decided it belonged to a Mary Jane Rutherford. Kris is convinved she's dead and that she is now toting around a dead-woman's purse, with her intials on it! Then it was on to J Crew, where we discovered that we do not like J Crew anymore. Then the Ten Thousand Villages store that Kris ADORES - I found the MOST BEAUTIFUL Vietnamese tea set in the known world. It's indescribable - a beautiful deep magenta and brown stone. Very lovely, but upon calling Hubby to ask for permission to buy it, he ultimately determined we do not have an extra $60 to spend on a beautiful Vietnamese tea set. I knew this, but I had to ask anyway.
Our next stop, and the primary reason for the trip to Grand Avenue was lunch...at CAFE LATTE! WOO HOO! I had a cup of delectible butternut squash and basil soup, accompanied by St. Paul Sourdough bread, a diet Coke, and for dessert, you guessed it...Classic Vanilla Cheesecake with a strawberry on top. YUM.
Then we went to a store across from Cafe Latte called "Quince," where I found some very fun and exciting items that I am not able to mention now, but will post a picture of sometime after Monday night....hee hee...I love being coy.
Then, after Kris was almost killed in the middle of the street running back for her keys, which she dropped while we were running across, we made our way up to Har Mar, to TJ Maxx and the Home Goods store and Marshall's. We ran into Nate Stenholz in the mall, which must have been a God Thing, because Kris and I had been having a discussion about church, and I suggested she and Brian look into Nate's church that he's planting with another friend of ours, Beth Moon. So they got connected and we went on our merry way.
We went back to Kris' house, got our knitting equipment and ran to a coffee shop to knit before I had to leave.
Then I had to drive home 3.5 hours in the rain!
It was a great weekend.s
This morning Husband and I were church skippers. It was one of those mornings where I just couldn't wake up, and it was dreary outside, and Hubby wasn't getting out of bed, so I went back to bed and got up at 11:00. It was beautiful. Then I made myself a latte. We also went to see "RV" this afternoon, with Robin Williams - very funny.
Now, we are vegging until small group starts at 7:00.
I hope all of your weekends were as wonderful as mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home