Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Throwing up on the Dental Hygienist

Yesterday I had to go back to the dentist to have a cavity filled. Apparently it had been there for a while, because once he started drilling deeper into the tooth, it emitted this gag-reflex-inducing, foul, rancid, decaying smell. I was horrified. Once he got the drill out of my mouth, I looked up at the man (Byron, remember!?) and said, "Why does it smell so bad?!"

Byron answered, "Because we're drilling in decayed, diseased tissue." Gag. Gag.

Then I had to swallow.

I swallowed what must have been decayed, diseased tooth powder that the hygienist hadn't gotten out of my mouth with the suction device. I suddenly had visions of yacking violently on the hygienist....not as revenge, just as the easiest place to throw up.

It would have been rather gratifying, actually, but I managed to keep my lunch of one Lean Pocket and a can of Diet A & W Rootbeer down.

Ah, tales from the dentist chair...

Today is a ridiculous day. I accidentally slept in this morning, and when I finally crawled out of my heavenly warm bed at 10:15, I had that oversleeping-can't-wake-up-haze that sticks around until you consume caffeine. So a latte ensued.

I have been awak for 3 hours and have accomplished eating breakfast, checking my email (nobody wrote to me today, which is very unusual), paying the overdue car payment online, paying the credit card bill online, folding a small pile of laundry, taking a shower, and talking to Husband.

This afternoon will consist of getting dressed, mailing some items, stopping in at the office to make my presence known there, and cleaning the house. Oh! And I can't forget the most important part - going to JCPenney's for their sale today and tomorrow. I used to think that JC Penney's had frumpy clothes, but after going on a $500 shopping spree there a few months ago, I've decided they're pretty good! Probably shouldn't spend $500 again...might get excommunicated by Husband...

Oh, and for those of you who haven't heard, National Knit in Public Day is June 10th. Go grab your needles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home