Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday, Monday

It was a pretty good day today. A nice postlude to a wonderful long weekend. My miniature vacation to the Cities was as delicious as planned! Lake Calhoun, Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream, Cafe Latte, Mill City Farmer's Market, and lots and lots of great conversation with fabulous friends. It was food for my soul! Plus, I got to speak French with one of my cohorts at supervision! And, when I arrived home, Hubby and I took a 3 hour long nap (at 6:30 pm, nonetheless) that was absolutely the best nap I've ever had in my life.

Sunday we tried ANOTHER new church, and this time, I think we hit the jackpot. Calvary Baptist is a Conservative Baptist Church in North Fargo, and while the music was decent, the building somewhat delapidated, and the minister obviously a history buff, the best part was that after the service, the pastor spoke with Chris and I for at least 15 minutes and he and his wife introduced us to several people. They win! They get the award for actually caring that we were there! Yay Calvary!

I also got a delectible new CD at an Uptown store. It's a recording of the Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrain at Carnegie Hall. It was recorded on November 29, 1957. It's absolutely scrumptious.

So, let's see...what do I have to look forward to this week? No clients late tomorrow night. Philosophical discussion group on Thursday night. Then my inlaws are going to be spending the night at our place...again.... Saturday my parents are coming to stay for the long weekend. That should be nice. On Sunday we're going to go to the in-law's farm in south central ND, because they've been asking my parents to come visit. This could be interesting... All four parents in one house together...yikes!

I am looking forward to cooking good food this weekend. I found a couple new recipes in a magazine at the chiropractor's office today. I ripped them out and brought them home! I'm a recipe stealer!!!

Well, that's really all I have to say for the moment. I do wish, however that I'd had my camera this weekend in the Cities. I saw a semi trailor with the word "DOODY" across the side of it. And my friend Kris' bulldog was sleeping with his tongue sticking out. It was cute.

Well, good night. I have to get up early tomorrow. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home