Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Stupid Fish

So, I bought a new fish last Thursday. I named him Oscar. I even bought him a "companion," a little frog named Kermie. Then, on Monday night, he decides to die. Are you kidding me?!?! Oh well. I currently have the dead fish in a plastic baggie in my car, which must be over 100 degrees, sitting out in the sun...mmmm...boiled dead fish... ew. Let's not go there.

Well, the weekend with my parents went fairly well. As well as can be expected. My mother (I've officially decided) has the desire to attach herself to me. I don't understand her, and I'm afraid I never will. I'm not going to go into details, but it was frustrating. And I survived Sunday with my in-laws. I spent the afternoon in the fishing boat with the men. I knit a dishcloth. And I got a sunburn, which is good, because I needed some color!

Over the past two weeks, I have fallen heavily off my diet. I'm afraid I will not get back on the wagon! Today it was chocolate at home, a donut at work, and leftover rhubarb crisp that I'd brought from home. Will it never end?!?!

Last night was fireworks, of course. We went with our friends, Josh and Wendy. It was at Moorhead State University, and it was the best display of fireworks I have ever seen, I think. And the best part? No mosquitoes! They must have watered the lawns with chemicals, because I think I saw ONE the whole night.

I'm disappointed that I cannot attend our religion and philosophy discussion group this Thursday night. I have to drive to the Cities that day to go to the doctor. Nothing huge, just tummy issues. I'm not really looking forward to driving 7 hours that day. Or spending money on gas...

Gadget of the day: Gator Downspout Cover! Isn't he ferocious!!??

Well, I will leave you with this thought:
30% of Americans have intestinal parasites.

3 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

Are there no doctors in Fargo? I'm sorry you'll be missing. I hope everything turns out okay!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

There are doctors in Fargo, but they have my history in Plymouth, and I don't really want to start all over with someone here, ya know? I'm actually hoping I'll make it back in time for some of the discussion!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

I hope all goes very well at the doctor's...I'm not a fan and am proud of you for going... Ugh... Doctors... Not my favorite by any means...

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home