Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Tidbits

Today is Wednesday, and it is a beautiful day, in every way possible! There is sunshine outside, I'm in a great mood, and I get to meet with my mentor today. Mentor has been gone for 6 or 7 weeks, so it will be fun to catch up. This pleases me. I also must make a pie tonight for potluck lunch at work tomorrow.

This morning I went to a Networking group with Darla at 7:00 am(!!!) just to see what it was like and to hand out business cards. I thought it was really interesting. At this point, I'm trying to evaluate whether this would be a beneficial group for me to meet with weekly. Most of the other people there were in the service industry - printers, oil companies, contractors, etc. I suppose I'm in the service industry also, to an extent, but very different from these! They all seemed very nice, and all said they would sign up for marriage counseling!!! (This is a response I often get when I introduce myself as a marriage therapist!!!)

My new blue fish is doing quite well, and I think I'm going to name him Pig. He wants to be fed everytime I come close to the tank! A few days ago he ate at least 12 little pellets of food. I'm afraid the frog is going to starve, because the fish is eating all the food I put in the tank! Poor frog!

This weekend we're travelling to Iowa to one of my girlfriend's weddings. I think I mentioned this in a previous post. It'll be great to see my old friends from college. They're like my sisters. It's so great.

I'm contemplating switching to all organic produce. Why? Well, the main reason is that I'm suspicious that all the pesticides on the fruit and the hormones in the meat and milk are contributing to the massive amounts of infertility that I'm encountering in my friends' lives. I'm also looking into purchasing household products from a manufacturer in Idaho that makes non-toxic, environmentally friendly cleaning products, i.e. laundry detergent, dish soap, hair spray, vitamins, etc, etc...

I met with a really nice girl this morning from the Area Woman magazine in Fargo. I'm considering advertising with them. It's a free magazine about what's happening in the area concerning women. It's really interesting and I think it could be a great place to advertise.
I hope we can afford to do it!

So, I switched from drinking lattes every morning (which made my stomach hurt) to drinking light frappucinos. I had a tall caramel light frapp this morning and I currently feel like vomiting. I'm actually hoping that this is a sign that I'm pregnant, but honestly, I think it's way too early for that to be happening. I think I'm just going to have to quit my addiction. In fact, this morning when I walked into the office, Joe, our credit counselor, said, "Is there any morning where you don't walk in with a beverage?!" I sheepishly said, "No....I don't think so!" But I blamed it on his brother who works at Starbucks, and gave us free gift cards to use at the new store in town!

I'm coming to the conclusion that I want to be a full time stay at home mom. I love working very minimally, like I am right now. Eight hours is a long freaking time to spend in an office all day long. So, I'm currently searching for ways for me to earn money from home! Also, I'm thinking I'd like to home school my children. This seems like a terribly daunting task to me, but, considering I am a fairly intelligent person, I could probably do it with little problem. I would just hate for my kids to develop my study habits!! Chris is concerned that home schooled children are often socially awkward. That does concern me, as well, however, as social as the two of us are, it would be hard to imagine that we wouldn't have them out, doing things all the time.

The radio station I am currently listening to (105.1) does an 80's flashback noon hour, and I hate it. Those of you who've known me for a long time, know my hatred for 80's music! The last song they just played was "Send me an Angel!" HAR! Now it's Prince...good Lord.

Shopping for jeans. I will never, ever succeed in figuring this out, even after watching 100 episodes of "What Not to Wear." I got really close, though, last week, when I went to the Gap. I cannot wear Gap jeans. I have a small waist and very womanly hips, if you know what I mean. Well, Gap jeans are made for people who do not have small waists, I guess, because whenever I try on women's Gap jeans, they GAP in the back, so that when I sit down in them, there's my underwear, for all the world to see! So, I happened to think to myself, "Self, why don't you try on some men's jeans?!" So I did. I grabbed what I thought was my size, and lo and behold, they fit! Perfect in the waist, perfect in the butt and hips, and a boot cut leg. Very nice. So I bought them. Then I got them home and wore them with shoes. I realize instead of 30'' inseams, I should have at least tried 31'' or 32''. But, they're not so bad that I look like I'm waiting for a flood, and I'm probably the only person who notices, but that's frustrating to say the least. And, there's this bit of excess material in the crotch, which I find highly amusing...

I got a coupon in the mail for $20 if I transfer a prescription to Walgreen's. Heck yea! I'll transfer prescriptions to Walgreen's for $20! Plus, the little pharmacy I normally go to never has what I need on hand, it seems. How annoying. Having worked in a small pharmacy when I was a teenager, I understand the fact that you can't stock everything in great quantities, and I want to support local businesses, but still, twenty bucks is twenty bucks!

I think I'm going to go to the Knitty Gritty and buy some new yarn so I can make felted bowls. I've not been able to find natural yarns at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. I need an excuse to go over there anyway, cause frankly, I'd rather give the KG my business! They are awesome. The name in and of itself is awesome!

Well, I believe this concludes my broadcast for the day. 10-4.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

You are highly amusing, Friend. I have had several home-schooled friends (up until about 4th-5th grade and then they went public) who were very social. I'm glad you're weighing all the options.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home