Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'd like a grande non-fat iced vanilla latte, please!

Yes, it's true. I did it. I got a job a Starbucks. I'll be a Barista, starting next Monday. Hee hee. I think it's going to be fun, and I'm very glad to have something to do with all my spare time! Plus, I think I'll be able to have a positive impact on all the college kids who work there, and the manager, as well, who can't be more than 23 or 24! They're also opening up a couple more stores in the area soon, so, if the counseling just doesn't work out, I'll have another option down the road!

The reason I opted for Starbucks is that if I only work 20 hours each week, I can have health insurance benefits. Also, we'll save a ton of money with me not having to buy my lattes anymore! HA! I think that's hilarious!!! Plus, I'll get a pound of free coffee each week, and 30% off all the retail merchandise, including clearance. Guess what you'll be getting for Christmas this year!!!!! Hee hee..... I'm actually quite excited about this!

So, the pay is crap, but at least I'll be doing something and meeting more people, and who knows, maybe I'll even be able to drum up some business by working there?!?! Plus, it'll be great for my networking group, because I'll be able to give out their business cards all the time to customers!

So...tomorrow Kris is coming to visit me!! I'm so pumped! We're getting massages at 2:00, and we've got a ton of things on our to-do list: stop by Tochi, check out the Fantasy's store (ooh la la!), go to TJ Maxx (the best store on the planet), breakfast at Nicole's, stop by Funky Junque, and of course, I have to use my "BOGO" coupon at Maggie Moo's! Their chocolate peanut butter ice cream with Reeses PB Cups mixed in is to die for... And hey, my diet's been great this week, so I can have a treat, don't you think?!?!?!?!?!

I get to go to the chiropractor in about 40 minutes. Ahhhh...the chiropractor. I love the chiro. I love the feeling of my spine cracking. Even the sound is cool! Then I'm going to the office. Not sure what I'll do there, but since I've only had one client this week, I figure I should stop in and say hello to my fellow office mates. The bosses are on vacation this week, so I may walk into a big party!

Speaking of only one client...I was supposed to see a new couple Monday. They didn't show up. So I called them. She said, "Oh I'm so sorry. We decided to cancel, and I just didn't get around to calling you. I'm so sorry." Well, it's not technically cancelling if you don't let me KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!! Grrr. Then I had two others cancel and reschedule. Good grief. Good thing I got another job, cause I won't be bringing in much this month! ARGH!

I had been carrying around my digital camera for photo opps. Yesterday I didn't have my camera, but I had an opp. I was driving across 15th Ave, towards the new Scheel's store, and in a field was an old row boat with a guy wearing a pirate's hat in it! There were two other guys, and a camera on a tripod. I'm curious if they were filming a commercial, just taking picture, completing an assignment for school, or what. It would have made great art, though.

Well, I shall sign off for now. Have a lovely Wednesday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Congrats about your new job! That will be fun. Do friends get free drinks? :)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Yea for meeting new people...and pouring (what i feel to be) nastiness down your throat...

9:18 AM  
Blogger A-Wix said...

Honestly, does anyone order regular coffee at Starbuck's? Congrats on the health bennies. My neighbor is a manager at a Starbuck's in St. Paul and he said the job openings are few and far between.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home