Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

For the love of rhubarb...

I was digging through my freezer yesterday and I found three bags of frozen rhubarb that my mother-in-law had given me a few weeks ago.

Normally, this would be quite alright with me, because I happen to LOVE rhubarb, and was thinking about making a pie at the time. However...

I took out a bag, and looked at it. The date read: 5-27-99. So I took a picture. I'll post it when I get home. I just couldn't resist. It was petrified, literally, in ice. No good pie could be had from this mangey crop. So sad. So sad.

On to bigger topics in my life...
I start my first shift at Starbucks on Friday. I have my green apron and everything. I'm very excited about this. After I complete my barista training, I may switch stores, in order to become a "shift supervisor." Ooooooooooo. Impressive, I know. But, you know what? Dammit, I think I'm going to love it. I really do. And what is better than loving your job? Almost nothing. That's why I'm seriously considering becoming a Starbucks manager, because I don't love counseling. For those of you who know my pattern of changing my mind, please bear with me. I'm pretty serious about this one. I'm trusting God will open doors for me where he wants me to go.
If you read this, Andy, they are going to be opening several more stores in my area, so I won't have to worry about job openings. And, I'm not surprised that the openings are few and far between, because their "bennies" are awesome. They even give adoption assistance - $9,000! And, if God doesn't lead me to Starbucks, then I trust that he'll help me love the counseling gig.

It must be about 47 degrees in this office. My arm hair is standing on end. This is ridiculous.

Is it seriously only Tuesday? Man, my weeks go so slowly. Tonight Paul the investment guy is coming to our house to help us pick out life insurance and decide on a retirement plan. This is going to be great...when we have money to invest! Right now it's down right hilarious!

Well, I believe it's time to go track down the boss. I've been waiting to talk to her for over an hour! Grrr...

3 Comments:

Blogger A-Wix said...

I'm glad to hear your job prospects are growing. You've already proved yourself as a "coffee shop supervisor" at NWB. After all, you taught me how to make some mean coffee drinks. Too bad I forgot it all.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Shocked and appalled, Andy, shocked and appalled. How could you forget such useful information as making an iced mocha!?!?!?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Also, I got home and looked at my digital camera. The rhubarb photo did not "take." My memory card is defective or something, because about every 5th picture it will either screw up or won't actually keep. ARGH!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home