Mocha Monologues

A delicious blend of dark roasted thoughts, with a hint of sugar and spice.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December

December has been a relatively good month so far. First of all, it's Christmastime, so there's hot apple cider and those yummy little sugar cookies in my office. Well, maybe that's not all good, as I seem to eat several of these little cookies each day, probably adding to the width of my hips, but, hey, in less than 2 weeks, it'll all be over, so I suppose it's time to indulge oneself just a little. It's not like I'm eating 14 cookies each day. Four, maybe, but not fourteen. There's also a beautiful poinsettia sitting in front of me, and I just had a really morbid thought: what if I ate one of its leaves? They say that poinsettia leaves are poisonous. Hmmm....

Anyway, what else has made December a good month? Well, I got to see my best friend at the beginning of the month and we went to the Mall of America, which was fun. I had a job interview a couple weeks ago, and have another one on the 27th. Husband learned of a promotion he's being offered at work (we think - one can never be sure with this company), AND of a church that might be hiring a full time youth pastor, all within about 48 hours. That's somewhat exciting, because either way, we get to buy a house! Which then means we get a puppy!

I've been continuing my acupuncture, and that seems to be showing some results, which is good. I'll go, maybe for the last time, tomorrow. Monday he stuck the needles in my head! I consequently have had a headache for the past 3 days...that was not good. When he went to remove the needles from my head (they were in the back of my head, near to my hairline behind my ears and down by my neck) they didn't want to come out. Apparently the muscles can respond by clinging to the needles. Weird.

I'm almost finished Christmas shopping, and now I'm moving onto the baking realm. I made a batch of peppermint snowball cookies on Saturday when Husband was off killing animals. They are a Christmastime MUST in my family. But aside from those, I'm trying some new recipes: Three Chocolate Bark with Spiced Pecans and Dried Cherries from the Food Network's All Star Christmas Gifts show. This one's from Emeril. Read the recipe - it looks DELICIOUS! I'm also going to try another recipe: Spiced Candied Almonds by Michael Chiarello. Good stuff.

AND, maybe the best part about the whole month was that when I was home-bound last weekend whilst Husband was off killing things, I spent the ENTIRE day on Saturday (well, I got up at 10:00, so maybe not the ENTIRE day...) cleaning out the spare bedroom and the walk-through closet that is inside of it. We had never really organized that room very well after we moved in, mostly because we thought we wouldn't be there very long, and that when our 9 month lease was up, we'd be moving on to a house. When that didn't happen, I decided maybe I should organize it a little bit better. I ended up throwing out about 5 bags of crap. It was wonderful. However, my back hurt so badly after that whole endeavor that I could hardly get out of bed on Sunday morning.

Well, now I'm annoyed. I just spoke with a nurse and now I have to have an MRI!! Good grief. This happened to me about 4 years ago and they found nothing, well, nothing besides my brain. Now I'm going to have an even bigger medical bill because my insurance is crap. ARGH!

But, this does not deter me from having a good December!!

Another happy item: I may get to see my pregnant friend, Dawn, who now lives in Iowa, during the holiday traveling time. We may all be passing through the Cities at the same time. Word is, she has a little belly going on, which I'm dying to see!

Well, I hope your Decembers are happy as well. It's good to be happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Yea for the joyful-ness of December. It truly has been a good month and will continue to be. Indeed. Plus... YEA for puppies. Gosh. I'm crazy-excited about that idea...and it won't even be my dog. LOL Have a great one, H. Heart, ~K

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home